Chevy Nova Forum banner

161 - 177 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your build! Your thread is helping me out a lot in my build. I think I will go with the Doug's header as you did. Did you order them from Summit? If so, what was the part number?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Actually they are Dynatech headers part #DTC-740-11210. Double check that number if you order. It was awhile back (2012) when I got them. I chose these cause they clear the steering box on one side and the ac on the other. Doug's might work but check the fit for your application. Mine have held up well, very pleased. Good luck with your build. And i got them thru Summit cause I can get my stuff overnite from where I live.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Very sad story

https://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=357039&stc=1&d=1542771569

Many of you have heard about the fire in Paradise, California. I lost my car in the fire, along with many other classic car owners. At my age (78) I don't think I can build another. I just want to say this has been one of the best parts of my life, being a member of this site. I can't thank all of you enough for sharing your knowledge, your cars and I'd like to say your friendship. Thankfully I had good insurance (Hagerty) which eases the pain some. I will continue to monitor the site and look forward to seeing all the cars on here, everyone a winner IMO. I could send more pictures but one is enough. Thankyou all so much. Dennis

Attachments

·
Registered
443 Posts
What a shame!! Sorry for your loss and hopefully you and the family were not hurt (physically). The insurance money cant bring the car back but maybe it will help ease some of the pain.

·
Registered
312 Posts
My heart sank...

I just this morning found your link after looking for something "new" here on Steve's. What a great build story you laid out for us.
Throughout the read I was identifying with your age, your son's assistance for the tougher tasks, your decisions and indecisions on direction to go, colour chosen, your triumphs and your very humble approach to winning second place (in California and against a 'vette no less...That's no small win!).
After about page 4 or so, I looked to see what part of the country you were writing from and seen .....Paradise...oh no....please no...
My heart sank when I opened that final entry. There simply are no words...

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
what an appealing car before the fire .... but now its a pile of memories :(

insurance just can cover so much but not the time and effort put into these vehicle(s). just glad to see that you and your family is safe. and that important. now it ll be the time to re cope and rebuild .... and probably later, you ll get into another vehicle. that you and your family can enjoy again :eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm so sorry! Insurance can't bring back the car but you have memories and pictures of your baby! Glad your sticking with the site, I'm sure you have a lot of advice you can offer to a lot of guys and gals that need the help.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
I'm so sorry! Insurance can't bring back the car but you have memories and pictures of your baby! Glad your sticking with the site, I'm sure you have a lot of advice you can offer to a lot of guys and gals that need the help.
Hi all, haven't viewed the site for a long time. Trying to get another house built which is becoming far tougher than building a car. See the site has changed some and will have to feel my way around. Looks like its in good hands. Best of luck with all your builds.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Glad to see you posting once again! Hope the house gets done very soon.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I just stumbled across this thread....what a tragic ending. I'm so sorry about your home and hot rod. I'm glad you're doing well.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome Back, rxfish!
What community are you springing back up in?
Lot of us were concerned about your situation a while back. Glad to see you still have Nova blood running through your veins.

161 - 177 of 177 Posts