Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not really a body man but making good on attempt to cut out rust and replace metal with patches cut from 18 gauge steel bought at Lowes a little more grinding and finish work with filler and sanding i think it will pass I have seen alot worse repairs tell me what you guys think?? working up courage to get around to cutting off the quarter panels and repairing the sail panels and windsheild pinch welds/ lip for the glass! comments or suggestions?? always welcome thanks! see pics in link

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
WoW.. Sounds like a big project. Cant wait to see some pics. Before and after. Im not familiar with Lowes steel. if you are planning to use a couple sheets try your local steel supplier, mine delivers for free and great prices. Industrial metal supply in So. Cal.

Whats great about working with metal is even if you screw up a joint you can always fix it. Just go slow and when you have a problem its easily fixed and like you said, some sanding will remove all hints of a seam. Just keep the heat down, you can buckle some large panels with too much heat.

Love to see the work. PICS JR

1 - 3 of 3 Posts