Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a set of chrome wheel well trim for front fenders for one of my 4th Gens. My winning bid was $6.99 and the seller charged me $22 for shipping and insurance. The seller lives in Louisiana and I'm in Georgia. Been over 7 days since they were supposedly shipped and I still haven't received them.

My 1st message to them:
"Have the fender extensions shipped? It has been 7 days since I was notified of shipment, more than enough time from LA to GA and I have not yet received them. I checked online and all it says is that the label was printed, nothing about being picked up or dropped off. Please let me know what is going on.

Thanks,
Tony"

They responded:
"6 DAYS AND THEY DONT RUN ON SUNDAY AND ITS NOT LA ITS La and its being sent as dont dend so it is going to take longer it is on its way hope I was helpful."

I recontacted them again after that:
"LA and Louisiana are the same thing. For $20 shipping I should have had them in 3 days, especially since it's only 1 state away. I've shipped much larger and heavier items Parcel Post and delivered faster to California. I'm checked status as I stated, and it's not even showing that the item has been dropped off yet. Not trying to be anal, but I've done enough shipping to know how long it takes. We'll see tomorrow if I get it, otherwise please put a trace on it and let me know.

Thanks,
Tony"

Their response:
"well IF YOU KNOW HOW SHIPPING WORKS THEN YOU KNOW THAT IT DOESNT GO FROM POINT A TO POINT B IT GOES FROM A TO C THEN B AND WHEN SHIPPING IS FRAGIALIT DOES TAKE LONGER AND COST MORE BUT I DONT NEED TO TELL YOU THAT"

So I sent another message:
"No reason to get rude about it. I still haven't received it, and it don't take more than 7 days to go anywhere in the US, especially one state away, even if it's marked fragile. All I'm asking you to do is put a trace on it and let me know where it is. As the shipper, you have to file any initial cliams if it has been lost or damaged which at this point I can only assume since you claim it shipped when you said it did, that it is lost in transit. As I stated, transit from Louisiana to Georgia only takes 3-5 days max."

I really think this seller is trying to give me the run around and doesn't want to own up to it. At the very least they won't be getting any feedback from me, I'm tempted to file an ebay dispute on this person and give them their negative feedback on the 89th day and 23rd hour. They have 14 feedback from buyers, and about 140 from sellers, but I just don't like they way they're responding to me and dodging the point, where is the package, and why don't they want to track it to find out?

Any thoughts to this? I'm gonna wait a couple more days, but I've shipped larger fragile items to California that got there quicker.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i dealt with a guy recently that slammed me big time for callin' him out because of wrong parts and untruthfull ad. talked nice to him and everything... got me negative feedback because of it... screw him.

there's a$$holes everywhere ya go i guess... and here i thought we were all in California ;)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just finished reading your post about that "Questioning a Seller". I've never dealt with anyone like this before, usually the sellers i've dealt with hve been helpful in the past.

I may get negative from this one too, even though I paid right away and did my part appropriately, but I'll just returen it and file a dispute with ebay and they can reverse the feedback after they complete the investigation.

Something to think about.

As stated, I'm going to wait a couple more days, if I still haven't received it I'll open a dispute. Most don't think they'll ever have it happen.

Had to open a dispute in January for something similar. Sent a guy a money order for $108 for a NOS rear defogger. The money order was cashed and a month later I contacted the guy to find out where it was, more than enough time. He claimed he never received it even though I traced it to a bank that he then told me he had an account at, within 5 miles of his address. After filing a fraud claim through Post Office and sending him the paper work, I finally received it 3 weeks ago along with a $35 check, supposedly for my troubles. Of course I cashed it. The guy was cooperative during the whole deal though, and I honestly think he genuinely didn't realize it was deposited, but at least he came through in the end.

·
Premium Member
13,649 Posts
JohnnyRotten said:
i dealt with a guy recently that slammed me big time for callin' him out because of wrong parts and untruthfull ad. talked nice to him and everything... got me negative feedback because of it... screw him.

there's a$$holes everywhere ya go i guess... and here i thought we were all in California ;)
Yer just a baby, one of these days I'll find a way to leave ya a bad feedback without having to go through an auction!!!!;) ;) ;) :D

Hey, it takes all kinds to use ebay and there are prolly more of us a$$holes then good people on there!!:D So chin up, hope you get your stuff and at the last minuite, LET HIM HAVE IT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts