Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've attached a picture of four small rubber bumpers that came in a universal rubber bumper kit for my '64. According to the kit they are "hood side bumpers". However, there's also a disclaimer in the kit that says "all bumpers may or may not be applicable".

Anyway, I can't find any slots on the side of the hood or the inner fenders adjacent to the hood where they should be mounted. Am I missing something or do they belong elsewhere? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike,

I have looked and looked where you suggest and can find no slotted holes. That's why it's such a mystery.

·
Banned
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Walt,

I'm sure you (and Mike) know what you are talking about so I will look more closely the next time I open the hood. However, as you know and just to confirm, the first fender bolt on each side is a combination fender bolt and hood adjustment bolt. So, it would be behind that bolt and the fifth bolt if I understand you correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
My hood is still in the paint shop (long story) but if memory serves me correctly, there are beveled areas on the hood edge that align with those rubbers.

·
Banned
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Solution

Just returned from working on the car which is in a warehouse not far away from where I live.

As Walt said, they are mounted on the inner side of the fender where it bolts to the front clip. There are two narrow, elongated holes in the fender behind the first and fifth bolt and that's where the bumpers are installed.

Thanks to everyone for their time and input. Couldn't do it without your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts