Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just looking at http://novaresource.org browsing RPO codes and what seems to be the number of Novas equiped with these codes. I bought my '65 with a 283 in it and it had the appropriate badging for a 283 car. But it seems that there are no codes on this site for a '65 with a 283.
Is there any other site that I can look this up and find the number of '65's with 283s?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Not many details

The records are not available for the 65's to break out what you are looking for. Even the number of SS cars is an estimate. The VIN and Cowl tags are all you can go by and novaresource lists all there is on that. You can tell is your car was originally a V-8 by the 118 on the VIN but there is nothing to say 283. You need original build sheets or purchase documents to prove that. The other way to check is the motor numbers. If they are correct for the 65 Nova and the dates match it is probably original. There were a lot of 65 283 V-8s made. One book I read said that more than half the SS cars were V-8's and the 327's were a small part of that. Beyond that there are no numbers available.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts