Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Info needed please!! any help with info on an Old school 70s turbo kit for small block chevy, Turbo is Rotomaster /air research .58, I have seen the Monte on youtube with similiar set up, I also have the factory rotomaster blow off valve ,everything looks original but would like to maybe find a factory brochure or parts book,factory install directions,recomended carb size?cam? whats the max psi capable,Did they make BBC exhaust manifold? anything helps ..I was putting on 64 Nova but now goin on 72..much thanks with anything !

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have some single turbo Accel parts and have installed several single, one twin turbo SBC kit.
Recommend to DISCARD the boost control/blow off valve and use a wastegate. Turbos are small and not the best, but they will make enough to be fun.
They recommended vacuum secondary Holley like 3310.
You will be much happier if you use a boost referenced power valve. They didn't but Ak Miller told me to do that in the'70's and it really helped.
The also recommended stock cams. I tried Crane and Isky turbo cams of the time and the stock ran better in every case, but the new cams are MUCH BETTER.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts