Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a rotisserie available that are not using.?I thought of buying 1 but I would rather rent 1 and use it for a few weeks to get the bottom of my car finished.Working on your back takes all the motivation out of me.

I live near Hagerstown,Md. and would be willing to travel to p/u and drop off.

Any one interested in renting their rotisserie?

Thanks,Joe

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
Hi Joe where you at in the Hagerstown area? I am just outside of Boonsboro. Was looking for a rotisserie myself and the general consensus seems to be to build one then sell it when you are finished with it.

My car is still intact, just purchased it last fall and wanted to get some driving in before I tore into it. It is a 66 hardtop. Very good condition but I am thinking a complete redo since I will keep it forever.

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I was lookin for a rotisserie for a long time and finally pulled the trigger on this one from Greg Smith Equip at the Indy location,did a lot of lookin, This one was $ 950. total out the door loaded into a pick-up. It is already powder-coated, It came with all the accessories included as in door-bars ,adapter plates for chevy II and others I have been satisfied so far except for the slides that are suppose to be held by jamming the bolt into the inner steel support is not fail safe enuf for me .I plan on doubling the jam screw or actually drilling a hole for a locking pin. another story was right b-4 Ifound this co. a man in Evansville Ind had one on craigslist he had done used for a 56 shoe box and he sold his for 950.00 used. Im saying buy your own if you can afford it and I think you will have a good chance of re couping your investment IMO. Greg Smith also has East coast outlet I am not connected with this co. only a customer

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rotisserie

Thanks Dueces for the info.I have a friend who is interested in a rotisserie too and we might buy 1 and split the cost unless someone on the site would rent it to me for a few weeks so I can finish the bottom of my car.There is a guy that makes rotisseries and sells them up @ the Carlisle show.Not sure if it is Greg Smith or not,I just remember He had a trailer with all sorts of rotisseries and body carts,etc.for sale with pretty good prices.I may go that route.The show is only a few weeks away.

Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
123 Posts
good luck with the 2 week plan, i thought the same thing last September and guess what it's March. like most projects one thing leads to another and the original ideas all changed once i got a good close look at the underside.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Red,

I was thinking that too_Once I get a good look,I will probably have more to do,thus longer time spent on the bottom of the car.I have another friend who is going to go in on a rotisserie so now it will be a third of the cost which is OK by me.

Joe

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you know how to weld...you're gonna save A LOT of $$$ that could be used towards your car instead! I made mine in a day with some scrap metal lying around my grandparent's farm. Takes two people with my '64 SS mounted to it to rotate it and put the bolts through to lock it in different positions, but it is SO SWEEEEET!!! Sure made working on the body so much easier! Now I'm thinking of building a few more just to make some $$$ I can use towards my car!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.