Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I mount the wagon on the rotisserie using the rear bumper mounts? I plan to use the subframe holes in the front.

I don't have the motor in mine, so I cannot tell how far off normal ride height it is. Does anyone have any pics of the mounts they used? Any measurements?

I measured today and the rear bumper brackets are about 17.75" off the ground. The subframe mounts are about 14.75" off the ground with the motor out. To get the rotisserie to rotate properly I'm assuming the mounts I fab will have to account for that 3" difference?

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
STUART
FROM WHAT I REMEMBER, THEY MOUNT TO THE SUBFRAME AND THE REAR BUMPER MOUNTING LOCATION. BUT TO BE SURE PM LEFTCOAST CARL, I KNOW HE KNOWS. :yes:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Can I mount the wagon on the rotisserie using the rear bumper mounts? I plan to use the subframe holes in the front.

I don't have the motor in mine, so I cannot tell how far off normal ride height it is. Does anyone have any pics of the mounts they used? Any measurements?

I measured today and the rear bumper brackets are about 17.75" off the ground. The subframe mounts are about 14.75" off the ground with the motor out. To get the rotisserie to rotate properly I'm assuming the mounts I fab will have to account for that 3" difference?
I don't have dimensions for you as this as over a year ago. I had it on the roto for 8 months like this; no problems. I only wished I drilled enough holes to raise the wagon so I could go full rotation. Was too lazy after getting it on there.

·
Super Moderator
67 4 door, 65 wagon (in pieces)
6,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Were your mounting brackets the same front and back?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If you are referring to the plates that bolt on to the body; they are the same for the front and back as I needed enough area to weld the arms to; it's just that the rear only had 2 bolts per side based on the bumper bracket.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Hi Stuart!
It's been a couple of years since mine was on the rotisserie,so i'm looking for pictures as we speak to be able to confirm the height. Will advise as soon as i find them!
Leftcoast Carl.:)

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
OK...found some.
I don't have any height measurements here at home,but i can find out tomorrow when i return to work.
My rotisserie may be "Slightly" different than yours...:rolleyes::yes::D
Eight-sided gives me lots of options !

Sorry for the hi-jack:eek:.
Just another option for those looking for ideas,etc..
Leftcoast Carl:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts