Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine installed the roof rail weatherstripping on my 67 hardtop. The weatherstripping looked good after it was installed. But, when the windows were rolled up the quarter glass wasn't in the same track. The glass looked like it was out of alignment. After installing the weatherstripping, do you normally adjust the glass to fit snug. The weatherstripping isn't soffseal, that may be the problem. What is the proper technique to install the weatherstripping so that everything aligns up. Thanks for any suggestions. Roger

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let me explain about being off track, or not in alignment. At the top where the quarter glass goes into the seal, it's like you need to twist the glass a little bit, to get it to seat into one track of the seal. I didn't know if there was an adjustment or if the seal could be in wrong. The glass on the door is ok. Hopefully, this make sense. Thanks Roger

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
yes, if you remove the inner door panel there are slotted holes that will allow you to move the window up and down front to back, tilting it. And if I remember correctly there is also a adjustment stud allowing you to alter the vertical plane of the window, in and out if your standing there looking at the window. That shud be a stud coming through the inner panel with a slot at the end for a screwdriver, loosen the nut and you can screw the stud in and out. Not sure if the rears had this but i know the doors do, for the wing window channel.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, if you remove the inner door panel there are slotted holes that will allow you to move the window up and down front to back, tilting it. And if I remember correctly there is also a adjustment stud allowing you to alter the vertical plane of the window, in and out if your standing there looking at the window. That shud be a stud coming through the inner panel with a slot at the end for a screwdriver, loosen the nut and you can screw the stud in and out. Not sure if the rears had this but i know the doors do, for the wing window channel.
I am glad to know that all the adjustments can be made. When the front and the rear glass are rowed up, they seem to be at an angle. The angle looks like its higher in the front and lower in the back. This is what you see, where both glass meet in the middle. It's like the quarter glass is not all the way closed.

With the new seal, adjustments will need to be made so, that they will seat properly. I may need to let someone else do these adjustment. Thanks for the info. Roger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts