Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Year: 1973. I have owned her since 1988 when I bought her from the original owner for $500. She had a spun rod bearing and a burned out passenger seat (from a cigarette I was told).
http://s1276.beta.photobucket.com/user/romad-dave/media/1973SSb_zps55470fe5.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/romad-dave/media/1973SSb_zps55470fe5.jpg

COWL TAG: 73 1XY17 W 256065
752 A51 60 B
05A 1 A T 0871
WHO KNOWS WHAT THAT LAST LINE MEANS?

VIN: 1Y17H3W999999
WHY DOESN'T THE PRODUCTION NUMBER HERE MATCH THE COWL TAG PRODUCTION NUMBER? (The 9s are just place holders)

Model: SS Hatchback Custom

Engine: 350ci w/Edlebrock 2101 performer intake and 1403 carb (origionaly a 2bl)

Body/Exterior: Original color Copper Metalic but is now red. Still has black half vinyl roof

Front End: standard

Transmission: 350TH ORIG (rebuilt)

Rear End: 2.73 ORIG

Exhaust: hooker headers with stainless magnaflow 3" system.

Wheels/Tires: original rally wheels with original center caps.

Interior: black restored to original condition. Has dual door light buttons, rear seat ashtrays, AC dash and switchology (no AC yet) Center consol w/analog gauges, tach and clock in dash (both work - clock was replaced 10 yrs ago). Still need a headliner over the cardboard backing. But I never look up so...

Electrical: All new wiring harnesses inside and out (engine compartment, interior and rear end).

Accessories/Options: None except engine

Sound system: Working on it

Additional Comments: I have owned it since 1988 when I bought (traded for) it from the original owner for $500. I had a 1975 4dr Nova 6cyl 250 that I traded him for it. I had traded a $500 motorcycle for the 75 Nova. The 73 had a spun rod bearing and a burned out passenger seat (from a cigarette I was told). All he wanted was a car that ran so he could get to work on his own. He was tired of bumming rides from his friends.

After I rebuilt the engine I painted it back to the old color. I got tired of that after the first 10 years, so in 1998 I bit the bullet and had the paint stripped off and painted it corvette red at a good body shop. Best decision I have made for it.

After 24 years I still have all the original parts that I have taken off of it. So if I ever decide to sell it it can be easily (relatively speaking) returned to the original condition. But no it is not for sale.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Welcome to SNS! :yes: :yes:

Good lookin' ride ya got there! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Nice ride!! I sure do miss my '73 Hatchback SS that I bought new and let go in '80.

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
NICE RIDE! :yes: I LOVE THAT SHADE OF RED! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. Been a long time in restoration. Like I am sure you all know, there is always something. Still have to replace the headliner, door panels, carpet (again), strip and seal the rear hatch area (surface rust), learn how to replace the windshield washer pump (just got it and don't know how to put it back in).

"If you're not in a Bowtie you aren't dressed"

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts