Chevy Nova Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I believe the edelbrock rpm heads would benefit with the added lift. I'd go 1.6 if you have the means.

Kev

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
The Scorpions are a rip-off of the Crower aluminum design. Crower had that style rocker before "Scorpion" ever had them. Buy Crower. Made in the U.S.A.

I try to limit the amount of oriental parts on my Nova. Not that they're no-good. It's just a principal I have. Most of the Summit brand stuff is Chinese.

Am I wrong? Where are the "Scorpions" made?
"Scorpions" Made in the :usa:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
OK, what brand of rocker do you gents recommend.
look here all the brands are covered and such.

I know I am going to open a can of worms here: going to 1.6 also increases 0.050 duration at the valve. the actual amount has to be measured at the valve not the cam lobe.
When going to 1.6 rockers be sure to watch for binding at the lower part of the head next to the block. you may have to do some clearencing.

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56765

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
The Scorpions look like a rip-off of the Crower aluminum roller rocker design. Crower had that style rocker before I even heard of "Scorpion". Buy Crower. Made in the U.S.A.

Most of the Summit brand stuff is Chinese. I try to limit the amount of oriental parts on my Nova. Not that they're no-good. It's just a principal I have.

Am I wrong? Where are the "Scorpions" made?
They're made here in the USA. :) I made sure before I bought my set.

http://www.scorpionperformance.org/spo/scorpion-performance-about.cfm

Scorpion Performance Website said:
Scorpion Performance is the world's most trusted brand of high quality engine parts. Currently manufacturing Scorpion branded high-performance parts and private labeled parts for qualified warehouses.

Scorpion Performance manufactures the following items under the scorpion label.We also offer a private label program for qualified warehouses. Unlike some of our competitors Scorpion Performance prides itself as being 100% made in the U.S.A. This is why when it comes to quality control and maintaining critical tolerances Scorpion can't be beat.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
So? Good products get immitated. Doesn't mean they're inferior. Companies just have to change with the times.

Kev

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
Scorpions were originally manufactured in Australia. As with many other's here on the site, I've had them for some time now, and have had no issues. I'm wondering if Summit has the same warranty (lifetime) on the rockers as what Scorpion offered their customers(?) It would be nice to know they do still offer it.
Scorpion told me they will offer the same warranty since it's their rockers that Summit is selling.

·
Super Moderator
9,770 Posts
OK, now this is bizarre...I go to look at the scorpion rockers at Summit...and they're not there. The Summit house brand is, but not Scorpion brand. I could have SWORN the Scorpion brand ones were there a couple of days ago. Not at Jeg's either. :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
13,245 Posts
OK, now this is bizarre...I go to look at the scorpion rockers at Summit...and they're not there. The Summit house brand is, but not Scorpion brand. I could have SWORN the Scorpion brand ones were there a couple of days ago. Not at Jeg's either. :confused: :confused: :confused:
You won't find them listed under Scorpion. Scorpion doesn't show up if you search by vendor either. I can give you some detailed pics if you'd like. BTW, I'm not trying to convince anybody that they should use these rockers, but rather just stating the results of my research into the Summit brand rockers.

·
Super Moderator
9,770 Posts
You won't find them listed under Scorpion. Scorpion doesn't show up if you search by vendor either. I can give you some detailed pics if you'd like. BTW, I'm not trying to convince anybody that they should use these rockers, but rather just stating the results of my research into the Summit brand rockers.
No, it's not that...I believe you, it's just that I SWEAR they were listed at Jeg's or Summit not two days ago. No biggie, guess I'm losing it... :eek:

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Joe Sherman claims he never sees any benefit to 1.6's on the exhaust side, but yes on the intakes. I have them on both sides in the junk 350 because it's only got .454 lift with 1.5's. Must be working o.k., running 6.60's in 1/8.

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
Be sure you have piston to valve clearance if you go with the 1.6 ratio. Make sure you have no spring coil bind and the retainer doesn't hit the top of the stem seal or valve guide. Last thought is check the rocker ball doesn't run off the top of the valve stem. RM

81 - 100 of 102 Posts