Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the purpose of having a 1.6 ratio as opposed to 1.5 ratio rocker arms ? is this a racing issue? i know it promotes bigger lift right? but why not just use a bigger cam?

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Some truth to your "WHY NOT"

But mostly to get a bigger lift without changing the cam.

I wanted more lift and now have 1.7 & 1.65 rockers

Al

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
you can get 1.7 for smallblocks? so if i have .450 lift and 1.6 makes it .480 then 1.7 makes it.510.right?

Yep!
Crower makes them. Enduro Stainless Steel

I have the 1.7 long & 1.65 long (long is for large dia springs)

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
does this really add that much hp? it really sounds like a good investment.:yes:
it did in my case.

My old roller cam was in the low 600 lift

I changed to a low duration high 500 lift cam. It did not perform like I wanted. Now it does. mid 600 lift now

Al

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
And dont forget a faster valve lift. So you get a faster valve and more duration. Its not just about lift. Duration and valve speed change as well. JR

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Lingenfelter played with 1.8 and 1.9 rockers on small blocks. T&D can mix and match rocker bodies to get 1.9's in a shaft setup. I checked recently for a project I'm working on. A little beyond my price range, even with a deal.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Some truth to your "WHY NOT"

But mostly to get a bigger lift without changing the cam.

I wanted more lift and now have 1.7 & 1.65 rockers

Al
this is ok as long as you have the correct clearance for them too...remember if you deck the block or have pop up (dome pistons) this may be a problem...if not this is a good move

1 - 9 of 9 Posts