Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend, I finished up the rear end install, rear brake lines, emergency brake cables, etc. Today I spent about 4 hours getting the doors and front fenders alinged. Its a slow job for one person. I must have had those front fenders on and off 5 times. After I finished, I rolled the Nova outside for a little cleanup and a few photos.
ron

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
YEAH BABY!!!! That looks soooooooooo nice man!!!

Hey, by the way, what did you paint your undercarriage? It looks like a flat black, but I can't tell if its textured or not. Is it?

Can't wait to get mine that far!!! Of course, that will be in about 5 years :(

·
Registered
168 Posts
Beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration to go work on my own.

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
YEAH BABY!!!! That looks soooooooooo nice man!!!

Hey, by the way, what did you paint your undercarriage? It looks like a flat black, but I can't tell if its textured or not.

I used 3M rubberized undercoating in rattle cans. Just a thin coat.

P.S. I've been at for 4 1/2 years now. Towed the beast home, never driven it yet.
Ron

·
Premium Member
4,578 Posts
I used 3M rubberized undercoating in rattle cans. Just a thin coat.

P.S. I've been at for 4 1/2 years now. Towed the beast home, never driven it yet.
Ron
Well, I think I've figured out what I will do to mine. I always thought that stuff looked really thick and clumpy. Guess not!!! I'm planning on driving this sucker when I'm done, and I was worried about paint getting banged up under there, and was worried about undercoating looking too clumpy. Guess that's not the case. Thanks!!!!

And oh yeah, I've owned mine for over 2 years now. Brought it home in pieces, and haven't made much progress. Took a year just to get a plan for it........and that's already changed a few times!! :D But now I'm planning on getting a lot more garage time this summer, and next winter (bought a heater):devil:

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Very nice work!

is that the metallic Orange?

I saw that on a Kawasaki motorcycle just the other day. WOW!

Your car is WOW also! :D:yes::D

AL

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Ive been waiting!!! Oh so patiently. Saw her after you showed the spectacular paint. Just waiting. That car is clean enough to eat off of, oh, cept you would prolly kick my arse for getting food near it :)

Perfect day for a driveway cruise. Bet some neighbors came over to enjoy the candy. Man!!!

Oh, one more thing. You need to be banished for your blatant disregard for all of us other wallowing saps that still cant get our (ok, just me) doors aligned, even after days of work. Throw that in my face, four hours, thats it????!!!! Shameful LOL

Looking good Ron... JR

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ive been waiting!!! Oh so patiently. Saw her after you showed the spectacular paint. Just waiting. That car is clean enough to eat off of, oh, cept you would prolly kick my arse for getting food near it :)

Perfect day for a driveway cruise. Bet some neighbors came over to enjoy the candy. Man!!!

Oh, one more thing. You need to be banished for your blatant disregard for all of us other wallowing saps that still cant get our (ok, just me) doors aligned, even after days of work. Throw that in my face, four hours, thats it????!!!! Shameful LOL

Looking good Ron... JR
Hi JR,
I said 4 hours today....I did'nt mention the time last weekend. I hate aligning these things. Major frustration. Last weekend I had to just put it away before something bad happened:eek: I had it all aligned before paint, drilled a few marker holes and it was still off and drove me nuts trying to get it mostly correct.
Ron

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts

Looking good Ron... JR
That's cuz ya need to lay off the margaritas! LOL!

John

1 - 20 of 63 Posts