Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all..

Here's the deal. I am getting very close to installing my lower moldings and have a few questions...

When I removed them prior to body work, I found they had been both screwed on (as stock) and had a ton of RTV between the rocker and the car. I suspect GM did not use RTV, but did they use anything at all?

Seems hard to believe all these pieces are held on by the few number of screws that I found.

That said...what have you used that worked for you? Thanks guys..

Bob

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Mine was the same way minus the RTV and the new ones went back on with the same amount of screws and no RTV.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
That is the way they were installed from the factory........as long as those screws tighten up Ok, you wont have any problems with them staying on.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Thats the way they are held on. No problems with mine moveing around or loosening up. Use a good loctite on the screws.THE GEL LOCTITES ARE GEAT.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats the way they are held on. No problems with mine moveing around or loosening up. Use a good loctite on the screws.THE GEL LOCTITES ARE GEAT.
Great point. I had also considered using the 3M strip caulk when installing the screws..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts