Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to the site. Just acquired a 1963 Nova SS and the first order of business on it is body work. It desperately needs a driver side rocker panel. Does anyone have advice or instructions on how to tackle this project? I have a welder and now how to use. I’ve rebuilt plenty of old GM cars but don’t have a lot of experience with body work. Anything would be helpful

·
Registered
1963 SS
35 Posts
Hey all, new to the site. Just acquired a 1963 Nova SS and the first order of business on it is body work. It desperately needs a driver side rocker panel. Does anyone have advice or instructions on how to tackle this project? I have a welder and now how to use. I’ve rebuilt plenty of old GM cars but don’t have a lot of experience with body work. Anything would be helpful
Before you cut out the old rocker, remove the door and make a brace from angle iron that will connect where the front of the door bolts to where it latches. This will add some support and help to keep anything from moving around.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Do you recommend this for a mordoor too or does the mordoor have enough support already?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts