Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the comp cams sbc 1.52 7/16 ultra pro magnums will clear a 1.56 spring the techs at comp dont know ive talked to 3 of them

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Doe's not matter,

1604-16 7/16" 1.52

Is not available yet.

FYI
AL

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the ultras do not clear the trunnion touches the springs, does anyone have a suggestions sbc 215 dart pro 1s 2.08 1.60 .150 longer valves having problems with the rockers having enough clearancebetween the spring and trunnion thanks

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
A picture might help us better understand the problem. I had what I think is a similar issue with my 565 and I installed a lash cap and longer pushrods which helped me get clearance but I have T&D rocker stands and I had to shim them up too. I only had problem on my int rockers.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
the ultras do not clear the trunnion touches the springs, does anyone have a suggestions sbc 215 dart pro 1s 2.08 1.60 .150 longer valves having problems with the rockers having enough clearancebetween the spring and trunnion thanks
If it's .150 longer valve stems then you will need that much longer pushrod, but you should still verify pushrod length first.

I have seen aluminum roller rocker arms ground down so as not to hit the retainer, but wouldn't do it unless I had to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts