Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw an original Rochester F.I. setup off of a Corvette at a local estate auction site. It looks complete, the distributor and ‘regulator thingy’ is there. I am no Corvette guy but it seems like this should have some value to someone. Has anyone seen one of these sold lately or know anything about them sale wise?

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
I saw an original Rochester F.I. setup off of a Corvette at a local estate auction site. It looks complete, the distributor and ‘regulator thingy’ is there. I am no Corvette guy but it seems like this should have some value to someone. Has anyone seen one of these sold lately or know anything about them sale wise?
Yes, there is value there, particularly for the "numbers matching" crowd. You often see Corvettes for sale that "were" original Fuel Injected cars.

There were only a limited number of Fuel injected Corvettes and full size Chevys produced from 1957-1965 (Corvettes) and 1957-1959 (full size).

These units were routinely replaced because they were finicky to tune and adjust (many dealership didn't even have a mechanic that knew how).

Many more were scrapped over those early years, just due to lack of understanding.

Do you have pictures? Or casting numbers? What was it priced at? Was it a smooth plenum, or a ribbed one?

Post, or PM me the link. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, there is value there, particularly for the "numbers matching" crowd. You often see Corvettes for sale that "were" original Fuel Injected cars.

There were only a limited number of Fuel injected Corvettes and full size Chevys produced from 1957-1965 (Corvettes) and 1957-1959 (full size).

These units were routinely replaced because they were finicky to tune and adjust (many dealership didn't even have a mechanic that knew how).

Many more were scrapped over those early years, just due to lack of understanding.

Do you have pictures? Or casting numbers? What was it priced at? Was it a smooth plenum, or a ribbed one?

Post, or PM me the link. Thanks!
It is a ribbed top. I am going to look at it over the weekend.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
I have a seen a few thru out the years .....

1 in a 57 Chevy,1 in a vette, and few at swap meets ....

They usually looking for them date correct builds, or have one from that factory and restored to factory specs ...

I never asked for the ones at the swap meets but I have noticed original matching numbers car(s) that came with them ( from the factory ), are getting some attention with collectors, also in price too ....

Photo(s) would be nice to see one again ..... :yes::D

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
It is a ribbed top. I am going to look at it over the weekend.
Thanks for the PM.:)

It appears to be from a '63-'65 Corvette. '57-'62 Corvette were smooth and plain.

Looks complete, but beware! They are EXPENSIVE to restore correctly. Guys from that numbers matching crowd tend to have deep pockets.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts