Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,589 Posts
I have been wondering about ROTM myself. I even sent a comment/request about this subject to the site developers using the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page... but I have not received any answers yet. I was hoping that ROTM would return when SNS released the Administrator Control Panel (ACP) during the end of January. Maybe an Administrator will chime in with an update.

It would be a shame if this contest is eliminated. I always looked forward to seeing (and voting for) the various types of project cars that members would enter. I also enjoyed the camaraderie between the fellow members as they included comments within the monthly contest.

·
Registered
423 Posts
SNS wouldn't just ....stop ROTM without a notification to the member community, would they? I mean, there's a lot of us who enjoyed and participated in this thread. I've seen more than one comment asking SNS to continue.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
i'd also like to see ROTM come back to the site. it was my favorite part of the nova site to see what other members had done to there novas in the restore.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,837 Posts
( bump )

Hey - - - - - - Hi - - - - - - - Hello - - - - - - - ROTM - - - - - - - - - wake - up . . . . . . . where are U . . . ?

. . . . . I'm just saying . . . . . jim =

Reactions: Redrider66SS

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
jim.... it's been 3 months on this new forum an haven't heard anything YET. maybe they will suprise us some time. i sure miss that part of the forum.

Reactions: ldamm

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm curious to who "they" is with SNS. The guys that have been on here a long time keep referring "they", who runs this site? I see many moderators, but never hear from the boss. Does anybody know? If the long time members don't know, who does? Who is Ozz behind the curtain?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
you would think that ozz behind the curtain must be reading this an he would step up an say, " hey its a done deal an will never be seen again." i just wonder ?? maybe we just need a sharper stick to pock at them.

·
13,958 Posts
I'm curious to who "they" is with SNS. The guys that have been on here a long time keep referring "they", who runs this site? I see many moderators, but never hear from the boss. Does anybody know? If the long time members don't know, who does? Who is Ozz behind the curtain?
If you scroll down to the very bottom of this page you will see that Verticalscope Inc. owns this site, in addition to many others. They are the 'they' you are referring to. The originator and former owner, Steve McNabb, is still here, but has little or no responsibility or input into site operations. I assure you, the moderators (all unpaid volunteers) know who owns the site. Our job is to monitor and keep it in order. We had no input into the site platform change that took place late last year and cannot make changes to the current site format. I hope this answers your question.

Bob

·
Registered
63 SS convertible 67 SS 4 spd
879 Posts
If you scroll down to the very bottom of this page you will see that Verticalscope Inc. owns this site, in addition to many others.
I had no idea. I always assumed this was still Steves site and all the moderators were just participants helping to keep it up and running.

·
13,958 Posts
It was organized by an administrator as I recall.. Was that Steve?
Yes, Ontario Canada's Steve McNabb started the site back in the 90's when he had his Canadian 1967 Nova SS. It was simply a Q&A forum.

B.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Things have changed some withe the new format not being as good. This is still a great site because of all the participation and knowledge of members especially the administrators and long time members. Besides my nova, I have a 60 chevy belair and the site for that has far less members and participation although it is still very helpful. There are two people on that site that know everything about impalas and they answer 90 percent of the questions. They know a awesome amount I must say. This nova site is a treasure. Just changed some.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,837 Posts
Thanks - - - - - Bob . I buy all my " STEVES NOVA SITE " stickers from Mr. S. McNabb . . .
listed as ( admin ) . and, Very Nice Guy , tooo boot .

30 each - - stickers , and I may need more . . . . . . . :) .. (y) .. 💪 ..

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
well if ROTM is not on a return here by admin, whats to keep us from having a ride of the month on are own ?

·
Registered
903 Posts
There seems to be more interest in ROTM in this thread than there was in many of the most recent ROTM contests.

Mike

1 - 20 of 30 Posts