Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is with sadness to tell you guys Paul Pennington of Granger, Indiana
Passed away yesterday. He was a great nova friend of us us many in the Nova community. He helped many guys with Nova parts and always was a honest fair man. I had the pleasure to meet him at the N.N.N. 2009 Belterra Nationals and had several transactions with him over the years. Paul helped out several of my Nor Cal Nova buddies and west to east coast with NOS parts and mint parts he collected over the years. He was a kind wise man and gave me some very good advice about being a great parent. He will be missed and I will miss the random text message to phone calls we had from time to time. God Bless RIP nova brother.

Paul Pennington
February 29, 1944 – March 19, 2019
Paul Pennington, 75, of Granger, passed away in his residence on Tuesday afternoon, March 19th. Paul was born in Wayne County, Illinois to Keith and Reva P. (Redfern) Pennington on February 29, 1944. He was proud to still be a teenager, having only celebrated 18 birthdays. He graduated from Wayne City High School as part of the class of 1962. After high school, he went on to service his country in the United States Air Force from 1963 until his honorable discharge in 1967. After his military service he moved to the Michiana area to work along side his brother at Uniroyal. He went on to work for Elkhart Rubber, and he retired from Royal Adhesives in 2007. Paul spent his whole life collecting and restoring 1962 – 1974 Chevy Nova’s. He won many awards over the years, but he was most proud of his first place finish in the car show at Gas City, IN. Paul married Vickie Yonkers on July 12, 1975. They were members of the Lighthouse Baptist Church in Goshen, IN. He was also a member of the Hoosier Novas Club.

Paul is survived by his loving wife, Vickie, his son, John Pennington of Mishawka, five brothers, Hurshel (Delores), Richard, Al, Ivan (Kenna) and Keith, and two sisters, Nadine and Lynn. Paul is also survived by many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his daughter, JoAnn Pennington in 2003, his parents, a brother, Gene, and two sisters, Maxine and Faye “Sis”.

Friends may visit with the family on Friday, March 22nd from 11:00am until 2:00pm in the Bubb Funeral Chapel, 3910 N. Main St., Mishawaka. A service celebrating Paul’s life will be held in the funeral chapel at 2:00pm with Pastor Michael Howard officiating. He will be laid to rest in the Prairie Street Cemetery in Elkhart. Memorial contributions may be made in Paul’s name to Lighthouse Baptist Church of Goshen, 1011 S. Indiana Ave., Goshen, IN 46526.

Link:https://bubbfuneralchapel.com/obituaries/

·
Registered
599 Posts
Thank you for posting Novajoe. Sorry to hear that Paul is no longer with us. I just met him for the first time a week ago Tuesday. I was at his house to pick a 1966 Subframe that he had for sale. I backed my truck up to the front of his garage where he was waiting with the subframe. I hopped out, exchanged some greetings, handed him a gift that the Migut's had given to me to give to Paul's wife, looked at the Subframe, told him it looked fine, and I handed him the agreed upon $$$. I then looked at the height of the bed of my RV/Truck and wondered out loud to Paul as to how we were going to get it up and inside. He looked at me with a slightly perplexed look and said, "We'll just lift it up". I said, "OK". I thought to myself if this 70 something guy thinks he can manually lift his half of the subframe high enough to get it in to the back of my truck, than this 50 something guy ought to be able to do his part. I got to tell you. I struggled a little to get my side up but Paul did his part with ease. I was amazed at his strength. I thought, this guys is in pretty darn tooting good shape for his age. We talked a little more about his collection of cars. If I remember correctly, there was a 63 convertible in the garage. Just beyond the 63 was a 70 something Nova and then out in a side area to the garage was a 62-65 wagon that might have been a parts car or being restored not sure. The 63 was a gorgeous car. I then packed up my truck and I was off. I told him when I left that I looked forward to talking with him the next time I was up his way.

Bill Akers

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
This sucks to hear. The hood and tailgate diecasts on my wagon came from Paul.
He liked to talk, he was. Nice man. Rip.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I have no personal connection with this man but I pay my respects to those that did know him and acknowledge the loss of a fellow member of the Nova community..

RIP Paul Pennington

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,753 Posts
I have no personal connection with this man but I pay my respects to those that did know him and acknowledge the loss of a fellow member of the Nova community..

RIP Paul Pennington

^^^^ - I agree with Joe .... and, while you need not to meet him or know him ........... he was / is still a Nova Brother, to all of us.

Prayers going out to his Family & Friends ,

RIP ...

Jim P.

·
Premium Member
5,543 Posts
I also never had the chance to meet or work with him, but i know this loss will have an impact.

RIP Nova Brother!

Mark

·
Registered
172 Posts
Paul rounded up some very hard to find trim pieces for my Nova. He went out from where he lived somewhere and got them and wasn't real happy with the condition, so he brought them to a metal guy he knew and had them straightened. He sent them to me and charged me next to nothing.

A great guy - R.I.P. Paul !

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Going to Miss Paul

I was called by Vicky today and given the sad news,I am still in shock.The Nova World lost one of its best ambassadors I have had the pleasure of knowing.I have bought sold and traded with Paul for 20 years.He had so much knowledge and loved the pure novas.He was as strong as a horse,as gentle as a kitten and wise as an Owl.I am better for knowing you Paul Pennington and I will Miss your Friendship

1 - 9 of 9 Posts