Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1969 nova and i want to run a 14" wide rear rim with about a 16'' tire.the rearend is a stock length 10 bolt.the wheel wells are stock and the leaf springs are in the stock location.the car sits up in the back quite a bit.i dont care if they stick out quite a bit. i was also thinking of installing harwood quarter extensions.couldnt i run the wide rim with the same backspacing as a run now?what do you think?

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
The sky is the limit on wheel size if you stick with the same backspacing and plan on having them hang out the wheelwells. Pretty much any width will fit.....it just will be very unpleasant and 1970s looking....yuck

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
15x10 wheels with a 295/50 firehawk indy 500 tire (those have the widest tread) would be doable, dont forget the L-88 hood and tunnel ram with stacks and a pair of side pipes, heavy on the candy red metalflake.:D

·
Premium Member
3,554 Posts
My 69 had 14x10 Chrome reverse on the back with L78x14 tires . About 10 inches wide and stuck out a some from the wheelwell.
Had to achieve the clearance with a pair of air shocks.

Year I did that was 1975.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
15x10 wheels with a 295/50 firehawk indy 500 tire (those have the widest tread) would be doable, dont forget the L-88 hood and tunnel ram with stacks and a pair of side pipes, heavy on the candy red metalflake.:D
Oh ya baby, but you forgot the Cragar SS wheels and fuzzy dice.

A guy around town had the classic black with flames 68 Camaro with hood scoop, 10" wheels, shakles, and side pipes. I kind-a wish I had one, always thought that was the coolest car.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Ok, 70's style. Lets see, 15x10 Ansen slot mags with N50 Mickey Thompson Indy SS's with skinny Indy's up front on a 14x6 wheel, big shackles in the back, stock hood with tunnel ram and velocity stacks thru the hood, side pipes, and the Grant 3 spoke chrome steering wheel with the 3 holes per spoke and the black foam grip, but in a smaller diameter than the stock wheel. Heavy metal flake with multi colored stripes on the car. And if you have the money, velour inserts in the seats. Oh, and you have to have a set of M/T valve covers and an old Accell Supercoil! You know the big yellow one!

·
Registered
316 Posts
i know this post is ancient, but...... i want that van!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Oh ya baby, but you forgot the Cragar SS wheels and fuzzy dice.

A guy around town had the classic black with flames 68 Camaro with hood scoop, 10" wheels, shakles, and side pipes. I kind-a wish I had one, always thought that was the coolest car.:rolleyes:
Cragar SS were too cool:cool:...He needs Keystone Classics:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts