Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im looking to get some rims. Im thinking of running 17x8 in front and 17x9 in the rear with 5.75 or 5.5 backspacing or whatever works.

Im looking for an aluminum rim with black centers and chrome rings. Im hoping to spend no more than $2000 for just rims. Best value without getting crap will be preffered. I already plan on rolling the lips and prepared to cut my stock tubs to make room. Im not sure if I need to relocate any suspension to get this to work also.

Im looking at these.

Vintage Wheel Works V45 17x9.

Anyone take a guesstimate on the backspace I should get?

I have SSM lift bars that I think will allow me to move the shocks inboard.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i have a 72 nova and running 17 by 8 torque thurst m they fit with the o offset.i beleive you can get them also with black center and chrome rim

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just measured my rear wheel wells and they measure 12 inches from the inside well to the outside well lip. Both sides seem to be even for maybe a 1/4 inch discrepency smaller on the drivers side.

Any ideas what would be the best tire rim combination? I was going to try a 9 inch rim but thought maybe I could go wider.

I think Im going to be safe and going to order these with 5 3/4 backspace. Now I have to figure out the fronts.

http://www.vintagewheelworks.com/products/wheels/v45/17x9

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Btw these guys are helping me out and said I can get the rims in 3 days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts