Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my right turn signal doesnt blink well sometimes it very very faintly blinks

i just replaced all the bulbs since one was out but every light works

iand the right tail light is on it just doesnt blink its also looks to be a newer bulb fixture

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Check to make sure they have a good ground, 9 times out of 10 this is the problem. An Ohm meter will tell you if there is any resistance to the ground.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
yep X2! I just had the same problem on my 64:yes: It was a grounding issue, I had to replace the tail lamp sockets in order to fix it on my car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep X2! I just had the same problem on my 64:yes: It was a grounding issue, I had to replace the tail lamp sockets in order to fix it on my car.
hmm this is a brand new tail light socket

but ill check the ground

there shouldn't be any power going to the ground correct? i know how to wire a house but not a car in a house there shouldnt be anything going to the ground its just an in case type of thing

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
If the lights are on and you put a test light between the positve and the ground, the ground will be hot, because it's completing the circuit. If you test the ground to the body it should not be hot though. As mentioned there should be a black ground from the harness or light socket that should go to the body.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank you

off to get some new tools:yes: cant believe i dont have a conductivity meter already

i have thousands in carpentry tools now i gota spend even more on mechanic tools

not a bad thing tho always fun to get new tools

took the wheels off my john deer today what a pain in the *** that was now i need more grease that ****er had like a lb of grease on there lol couldn't even see/feel the pin needed to go online to find out how to take it off lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts