Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed this on a third gen? If so I would love to hear some feedback.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I helped a friend of mine install a Ride Tech air bag suspension set up a while ago but we haven't finished it to the point that it's drivable. His car is a 1960 Biscayne. He restores cars and customer cars have taken priority. Hopefully we are going to get back on it in the next little bit. He actually just resprayed the quarters on it and has been putting all the chrome back on. The install was pretty straight forward and the parts seem very nice.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Awesome news, some before and after pictures, tyre/rim sizes and vehicle height measurements would be great if ya get the time. Cant wait for you to fit this.....

It is quite expensive for me to get this kit to Australia but if you have good feedback I'll probably take spend the cash.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just ordered the street grip package for my 72 small block nova. I’d be happy to post some updates when it’s completed.
Great. Mine has arrived and looks to be a really nice kit. Quality stuff. It will be awhile before I get mine installed. I plan to do some other upgrades at the same time. I will update everyone as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m super happy with the Ride Tech Streetgrip Kit! It sits really nice, no wheel rub:
Front- 215/65/R15’s
Rear- 255/65/R15’s
Rear bottom bumper sits at 17”
Front bumper sits at 12.5”
Rear wheel lip 24”
Front wheel lip 24.5”

I replaced all my steering components as well while I was in there (they weren’t in horrible shape) and man does it ride nice. Steering is tighter, a little stiffer of a ride but still smooth. I gradually went faster over speed bumps and it hasn’t bottomed out.

a few notes from the install.
The instructions aren’t the most detailed
The kit included extra parts, even extra shocks that weren’t for my car
The tech help although helpful wasn’t the greatest experience
If you don’t have a press I might recommend having your a arm bushings pressed in at a shop. I bought the tool from ride tech, which for the price should have included a storage case. The tool works but I had to rig it a few times to get my bushings flush.

overall it was a fun experience doing the install and I would absolutely recommend and work with Ride Tech again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts