Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New to the site folks! Have a 67 Nova HT without any drivetrain. Would like to install a manual Richmond tranny i have with a 5.3 but i'm having trouble assembling all of the information i need to make this happen. Not a race car; just planning on a cruiser.

Will the 621 bellhousing (and the proper adapter flywheel) work in the 67 with the z-bar? Can it be make to work if not? Which fork would I need?

And do the CBR LS headers work with a manual linkage?

I'm also in the process of talking to the folks at PACE, they have bellhousing and clutch kit for this application. I'm just not sure about the manual clutch hardware piece of this puzzle.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Well..... CBR headers will not work with mechanical clutch linkage:( Pace sells a kit for LSx motors to adapt a Muncie/NW 4 speed,all that shouls attach the Richmond to an LSx.You will be on your own for a trans cross member.Are you planning on a stock fron clip?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm planning on picking up the CBR r&p lower control arm kit. Are there any LS headers available if i were to keep the manual linkage? If not, should i be heading towards installing a hydraulic setup? I know very little about it and it looks like that can get expensive too (not to mention getting the parts to work right).

All in all, i'm trying to see if i can make the 5 speed work without too much cost. Otherwise I may just end up going the 4L60 route...

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
As far as I know there are no LS swap headers made with provision for stock "Z" bar.There are templates floating around on the web for a master cylinder mount and you could probably use a hyd release bearing to simplify things.The hyd set up is really a better choice,the stock "Z" bar was a failure in bone stock applications.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts