Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with a event rep with Heartland park here in Topeka and Rich has a date 0f October 10-12 for the new armdrop drags series he has started this year,She could give me no other info at this time however,
I hope to see some of you there....
I included a link and Heartland Parks number..

http://hpt.com//store/catalog/drag.php

785) 862-4781

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm not a Rich fan myself, I just enjoy drag racing and wanted everyone to know That might want to know...when they are going to be here, It is pretty obvious Rich has made some enemies,however I do think the show has done some good for racing and the hobby although I do not agree with some of their practices...

·
Registered
996 Posts
edit: as much as i don't like him.
he does like drag racing and cars. when arm drop live came out to our local track he told the story of how he got pinks on tv.
he put up with my friends and i yelling at him all night. he even made a few comments back at us

if you are gonna edit the remark you should just edit out the rude part.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My favorite episode was when he crashed the motorcycle...L.O.L, However I have to be honest and give credit where credit is due, we can all talk **** on Rich or the show but I do not think anyone can honestly say that the show has not helped racing or the interest in hotrodding, I wonder how many people would have ever had their cars or themselves on TV without the show, I myself sold a collector car I had owned over a decade just to be able to build a car to take to the strip again and from buying motor parts on cl to recently joining this site I have met many,many,great people, I doubt I would have done any of this without the show...so for the record yeah,I think Rich needs slapped :devil: but I still enjoy the show.... :D

·
Registered
996 Posts
My favorite episode was when he crashed the motorcycle...L.O.L, However I have to be honest and give credit where credit is due, we can all talk **** on Rich or the show but I do not think anyone can honestly say that the show has not helped racing or the interest in hotrodding, I wonder how many people would have ever had their cars or themselves on TV without the show, I myself sold a collector car I had owned over a decade just to be able to build a car to take to the strip again and from buying motor parts on cl to recently joining this site I have met many,many,great people, I doubt I would have done any of this without the show...so for the record yeah,I think Rich needs slapped :devil: but I still enjoy the show.... :D
when rich crashed that bike he thought he was gonna die. he hasn't ridden a bike since the crash.
he said when he got home from that taping he posted his bikes on craigslist and sold them.

we kept yelling at him to ride a bike down the track, then he told us that story so we started calling him names. it was a fun experience.

btw: this arm drop live even just goes to show his love of cars and drag racing.
there are no video cameras there and he is the same guy we all love to hate.
he goes to these tracks to promote track racing and trying to keep tracks open.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I wanna know why did he take off his shirt when he crashed:confused::confused:

·
Registered
275 Posts
OK I agree that the Guy is a tool and pretty full of himself and his self importance.......BUT with that said......What Pinks & Pinks All Out has done for the Drag Racing Community as a whole.....all the way from Track Owners and Promoters to back yard busted knuckle garage guys like me.... no body can say is a bad thing!

One quick question for you though....

When was the last time you saw Average Guys like Us who are the real meat and potatoes that keeps the tracks open in the first place.....get all this publicity ???? or.....

When was the last time you saw Door Slammer Cars get as much attention as the Pro-Ranks do ????

I gotta say that when we are going someplace NOW with our 72 SS Car on the trailer we have all kinds of folks just walk up out of the blue and ask about our car or where we are going....little kids come up and ask if we are going to Pinks or Pinks All Out ........

That kind of thing hardly ever happened before and I gotta tell you it does make a guy feel good.....

Here is a Quick TRUE Story if you care to read it ....

We have a local "Outlaw" track here and one weekend while on our way there for some testing and tuning a year ago last spring we pulled into a Gas Station at the Interstate exit to get to the Track.....(ever since I was a Young Lad we have stopped there to grab a snack or some fuel or whatever...we just always have stopped there) ....well there was a Family with a Mini-Van from Utah there as well getting fuel and having a Bathroom break for their 4 kids....well they all came up and asked a ton of questions.....about the car and Drag Racing in General and we explained that we were going down the road about 15 miles to this little Outlaw Strip for a day of "Test N Tune" and told them that if they wanted to they should follow us there and come see for themselves.....well they were very polite and said something about needing to keep their schedule and we said our Goodbyes and left...... well we were in the "RACE CAR / PIT" line at the strip when the Wife tapped me on the shoulder and said to look over in the lane for spectators...and low and behold there was the Mini Van with the kids all pressed up against the windows and their eyes as BIG as silver dollars.....well my Wife got out and walked across to them and they spoke a few seconds and when she came back she informed me that they never even made it to the on ramp to get back on the Interstate before they had changed their minds.....needless to say the spent the Whole Day at the Track in the stands as spectators and then they walked around thru the pits after and I can promise you one thing...at least 2 of that family got HOOKED on DRAG RACING that day......the Mother and the oldest Son....were absolutely hooked....and to make a long story short we have kept in touch thru e-mail and so forth during this past winter with them and I am happy to tell you that they Now own a Jr. Dragster and 2 of their 4 Kids race it at their local track in Utah and they have even taken it to the Bonneville Salt Flats this spring....they are coming clear out here this summer when school gets out for a Jr, Dragster Meet at that same little local Outlaw track here and we are really looking forward to seeing them......now the Moral to this story is they told us when we first met them that it was Rich Christensen and his "PINKS" and "PINKS ALL OUT" that gave them the notion in the first place to come up to us and ask questions at that gas station that day over a year ago.....so say what you want about him but you can not argue that the Guy loves Cars and Drag Racing and is serious about keeping the Tracks Open and Busy.

Randy.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very well said Randy...I read your post last night and really spent some time thinking about what Rich and Pinks and Pinks all out has done, despite the present economy and the financial struggles everywhere else,tracks and their staff,promotors, parts suppliers, machine shops, body shops, welder's and tin workers and the list goes on and on...have ALL benefited from what Rich and the show has done, plus supply and demand helps those car owner's that are selling their rides get decent money for them despite the present economy, not to mention the attention and respect for the everyday racer that is higher than ever before, someone else here said...Rich is the man we all love to hate and I think there is much truth in that statement and while I stand by what I said earlier that I do not agree with ALL their practices, I also said he needs slapped,L.O.L. But to be honest until I can do more for the sport maybe I should just slap myself and shut up....

My favorite episode is STILL when he crashed the bike:devil: L.O.L!

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Hey guys, great thread so lets keep this clean. All I ask is for you to keep the rude or slanderous remarks off the board. Agree or disagree with Rich all you want, but lets not get too rough. bashing vendors and bashing people is pretty much the same thing.

Tommy :)

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tommy,
I am sorry...I'm kinda new here, and I like it HERE... and I don't want to cause ANY drama,I appreciate the warning and will be more respectful of others here and the guidelines of this site....:eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts