Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellas, has anyone had experience with the RHS 170 pro torkers. the ones i'm looking at have 67cc chambers and angle plugs i've looked up the RHS website but, i'm still not sure if:
1: all the pro torkers are vortec style combustion chamber.
also
2: what HP are they good for on a 350?
3: am i better off with a straight plug design?
4: is the 67cc combustion chamber OK for street use ( i have flat top pistons ), or am i better off with lower cc chamber.

I'm hoping to acheive 350-400 HP, are they up to it?
Cheers

·
Registered
334 Posts
Hi Fellas, has anyone had experience with the RHS 170 pro torkers. the ones i'm looking at have 67cc chambers and angle plugs i've looked up the RHS website but, i'm still not sure if:
1: all the pro torkers are vortec style combustion chamber.
also
2: what HP are they good for on a 350?
3: am i better off with a straight plug design?
4: is the 67cc combustion chamber OK for street use ( i have flat top pistons ), or am i better off with lower cc chamber.

I'm hoping to acheive 350-400 HP, are they up to it?
Cheers
iv never heard of anything other than the pro torquers being anything other than either 64 and 72 cc combustion chambers, or non vortecs. i have a set of them and they work great. they are a lot better than the normal vortecs. and they will work great on a 350, i have mine on a 383 running about 350ish horse and a lot more torque. but with the right size cam they could do well over 400.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iv never heard of anything other than the pro torquers being anything other than either 64 and 72 cc combustion chambers, or non vortecs. i have a set of them and they work great. they are a lot better than the normal vortecs. and they will work great on a 350, i have mine on a 383 running about 350ish horse and a lot more torque. but with the right size cam they could do well over 400.
The ones i'm looking at are part#12403 with 67cc chamber (they also make a 76cc head). I just wasn't sure if 170cc intake runners would have enough flow to get to 400+HP.
Do the earlier SBC intake manifolds fit ok on these heads or do i require a vortec manifold?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
The ones i'm looking at are part#12403 with 67cc chamber (they also make a 76cc head). I just wasn't sure if 170cc intake runners would have enough flow to get to 400+HP.
Do the earlier SBC intake manifolds fit ok on these heads or do i require a vortec manifold?
They flow extremely well.
Yes, they will require a Vortec style manifold for proper port alignment and self aligning rockers.:yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts