Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to discover whether Rewarder headers will work on my 1964 Nova with an SBC and a Chassisworks front clip. I talked to Jim at Rewarder and he says his headers will fit the Heidts and TCI front clips but he doesn't know about Chassisworks.

So, is anyone running his headers on an SBC in a Gen 1 Nova with a Chassisworks front clip? Is the fit OK?

Or, can anyone tell me, if a header works on the Heidts and TCI front clips, will it also work on the Chassisworks front clip?

I'd love to buy the Chassisworks SBC headers but they're too expensive.

From pictures I have seen, it seems he Chassisworks headers has the steering shaft going between two of its headers tubes, while the Rewarder header tucks its pipes closer to the engine, inside the frame rails.

I'm building up a L79 327 to put in the '64 Nova and I'd like it to breathe deeply.

Thanks in advance, guys.

Phil Erikson

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Hooker supercomps part# 2243 fit the chassisworks clip just fine

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Ryan. I appreciate the tip. My main concern is the fitment of the steering shaft on the driver's side and the clearance for the starter over on the passenger's side.

Do I need to have a mini starter to clear the header?

Thanks again,

Phil Erikson

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have a two threads posted last week and it gives a ton of info and some fits.

However, Hooker claims the 2243's will work with no issues and Heidt's says the same for their clips.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Thanks, Ryan. I appreciate the tip. My main concern is the fitment of the steering shaft on the driver's side and the clearance for the starter over on the passenger's side.

Do I need to have a mini starter to clear the header?

Thanks again,

Phil Erikson
Stock or mini starter works, and yes they do clear the steering shaft on my 64 with the Chassisworks clip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts