Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple months ago, one of my bowling buddies mentioned a car show he was taking his Overhauled-by-Foose Chevy truck to, and aksed if I wanted to go. It's the 4th Annual Revved Up 4 Kidz Charity Car Show, Sunday April 26th at Vic's Garage in Torrance. Vic's (as in Edelbrock) Garage is located at 510 Madrid Ave., south of the 405 Freeway, exit Crenshaw Blvd. and east on 208th Street. Entry fee is $30 before April 17th, and $35 the day of show. Open to street rods, muscle cars, classics, trucks, specialty vehicles, motorcycles, and more, this event's proceeds, 100%, will go to The Center for Learning Unlimited, which is why I'm going. For more information, you can call 310-544-1644, or go online, [email protected] and see the flyer and entry form, which can be printed and mailed in with check. On the form is a section for T-shirts, at $15 each. First off, let's see how many of us SoCal Novas members want to attend this charity show for kids. Who's in for sure? It would be way cool if we could meet a few miles away as a group, like we did for the Nick's/CPP Tour, and show up in force as a Novatrain! Let the sign-ups begin. RK

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
This should be a fun event. My girlfriend lives out that way. She's got a 67 camaro that'll be a good addition to the novas that will be in attendance. I'll be signing up shortly. Let's get a wagon group...

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Lyndon, for adding this event to the unofficial SoCal Novas calender. See you soon, RK

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
I was a spectator last year, It was a pretty cool show, A lot of cars.
There also was a group of road race cars that had a cackel fest.
Ill go again. Eric

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be at Pomona swap meet.

Typically when I'm in town, I also go to Pomona Swap Meet, but this coming April 26th, I'm driving the wagon to Torrance, to Vic Edelbrock's Garage to be a part of the Revved Up 4 Kidz Charity Car Show. Just mailed my entry form today. Hope to see a few SoCal Novas members at this event. As we get closer, and the number of Novas increases, we should consider a caravan to Vic's. RK

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I just called about this show, and 200 cars are already entered in it. there will be an engine build-off for high school students in the morning and a final round in the afternoon. if you sign up mention STEVESNOVASITE! and they'll group us together. RK, I will mention you on my app, and I hope the rest of us NOVA PEOPLE do the same. 200 cars already, WOW! My application is going out in the mail this afternoon. They prefer checks

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
payment is out in the mail.

WHO ELSE IS GOING?

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's official, just got my pre-registration window sticker, car #179. For those who have already signed-up for this show, or those planning to soon, we should think about meeting-up in the morning and cruisin' in as a group, so we can all park together. Those who live close to 405 Freeway and Crenshaw, any suggestions for a good rendezous point? Thanks, RK

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Got registration in the mail today. I'm #197. Let's set up a caravan. Mark, I elect your house as the meeting point

·
Premium Member
1,351 Posts
Hey RK,
You could meet at Mills Restaurant. They have a pretty large parking lot. It is on the corner of Western and 190th, right off the 405 freeway. The show is just down the street from it, too. Here is the address if you want to mapquest it:

Mills Restaurant
18925 Western Ave.
Torrance, CA 90501

They have pretty good food, if you want to eat breakfast before heading for the show.........
Brian

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Hey RK,
You could meet at Mills Restaurant. They have a pretty large parking lot. It is on the corner of Western and 190th, right off the 405 freeway. The show is just down the street from it, too. Here is the address if you want to mapquest it:

Mills Restaurant
18925 Western Ave.
Torrance, CA 90501

They have pretty good food, if you want to eat breakfast before heading for the show.........
Brian
We can meet there for Breakfast first.....So now what time should we meet at the Restaurant ??

·
Registered
43 Posts
:yes:Sweet, What kinda show is this? I definately am down to support the kids and cruise in with some fellow novas but my cars far from show quality (interior's seen better days man:() Is this ride for 100%er's or can us works in progress tag along? I've been looking to get together with some local owners anyhow and take out my new nova:devil:! Let me know fellas

1 - 20 of 27 Posts