Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, on a 68-74 nova with multileaf springs what would the correct finish of the leaf springs ...shackles etc.. be, i'm wanting to sand blast mine and........restore them, i'm leaning towards keeping the same springs because i've heard since their old/////and used they "give" more and help launches at the drag strip,
any help, thanks

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
74customnova said:
hey, on a 68-74 nova with multileaf springs what would the correct finish of the leaf springs ...shackles etc.. be, i'm wanting to sand blast mine and........restore them, i'm leaning towards keeping the same springs because i've heard since their old/////and used they "give" more and help launches at the drag strip,
any help, thanks
if you're trying to get original looks, i believe that the originals were coated w/ cosmolien, not painted. shackles, i think a dull gray zinc finish. if you are using the originals that were put on the car on day one, might want to check them out very carefully especially if you are going to the strip. very rare for originals to last this long without some cracks in them. new ones will run about $150 a pr for leafs. plus the hdw and shackle rubbers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts