Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,882 Posts
I would walk away from that one
Run, maybe, don't walk.

Those are only the pictures of rust shown. I suspect more, other and worse rust than shown.

If it were a factory 4-speed, maybe, or if it had more of the tough parts: column, engine, rear end, etc. But if there were two cars for sale, and one was a rust-free running '66 SS with PG for maybe low 20'sK, even if it needed some help, would you buy this one or the 20K runner? A '66 SS with PG for $20K running is not out of the question, even with a 283.

I thought it was hard to find the console and shifter for that car, but apparently not.

·
Premium Member
3,826 Posts
Every thing has a life span.

I think that car is ready to be parted out if there is anything left to be used.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Plenty of car left there to bring back! I'd say 8 years of collecting parts and about $50K to have a finished car, if you do the work yourself. Those figures are not guesses!:D

·
Registered
935 Posts
I’m still trying to figure out how you guys can tell the difference between sport coupe doors and SS doors:confused:

·
13,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I’m still trying to figure out how you guys can tell the difference between sport coupe doors and SS doors:confused:
Trim holes, or filled trim holes mid door on sport coupes. None on SS. Otherwise, doors are the same.

Bob

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
an the bottom of the ss door edge has 5-6 holes were the trim was screwed to. but i think all the inner panels always had the dimples for the screw heads to connect trim piece.

·
Super Moderator
3,882 Posts
Great start for a drag car project. Or maybe a gasser.
Post-factory lightweight. Swiss cheese body. Maybe a great drag car project, but anymore, even drag cars are really nicely finished and the bodies look terrific. Tough to bring this one to that level.

Do they make an all-new '66 Nova body yet? How much are they running?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts