Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a reputable machine shop in the Detroit metro area in Michigan. Anyone know of a good shop or have firsthand experience at one somewhere in southeast Michigan?

Just want to freshen up my engine. Would prefer a place that can assemble the engine as well as I do not have much free time these days, though it would be kind of fun to learn and do it myself if not too difficult.

Thank you!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I like LSM Engineering, though it has been awhile since they have done work for me. My new favorite machine shop is in Holly. Steve at SGB enterprises 4035 Evans Rd, Holly, MI 810-241-8050. He's very good and reasonable. There's many good shops around, though, and I would probably pick someone that is close to you just for convenience.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like LSM Engineering, though it has been awhile since they have done work for me. My new favorite machine shop is in Holly. Steve at SGB enterprises 4035 Evans Rd, Holly, MI 810-241-8050. He's very good and reasonable. There's many good shops around, though, and I would probably pick someone that is close to you just for convenience.
Thanks! What all did you have done at LSM and SGB in the past?

·
Registered
301 Posts
The small block I'm assembling now was machined by LSM many years ago and I finally have a use for it, so it's going in my Nova. LSM machined my old 396, and my Dad's 2.5L iron duke. Before they were LSM, it was Wilson Engineering who did many of my relatives and friend's engines. Phil Wilson was a legend around here and LSM bought him out. LSM owned (and may still own) Cam Craft, so they do lots of custom cams and Custom LS motors among other things. Check out their website. They do some interesting work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts