Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, look like I might be the guinea pig - but I'm gonna try using this combination set of '68 Nova and 'unknown' tracks first.

If I use the repro's I'll report back.....

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Well, look like I might be the guinea pig - but I'm gonna try using this combination set of '68 Nova and 'unknown' tracks first.

If I use the repro's I'll report back.....
Please do, I still have my OE's, but it's always good to know.:yes:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LoL!! Prices for original tracks are much crazier!

I was able to get my 4 tracks to work, but I had to drill three of them and install spacers between the tracks and the seat on one of them. One of my goals was to install slightly 'shorter' (vertically) tracks, along with a slightly smaller steering wheel, to provide a little more leg room between your thighs and the steering wheel. Mission accomplished, but what a pita....

We installed the buckets then the windshield, moldings, wiper motor & cowl - since we were on a roll....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, those door panels are older repro units....

·
Premium Member
1970 Nova
32 Posts
My 70 Nova was originally a bench seat car. Prior owner installed 72+ style bucket seats using home made spacers welded to the floor.

I would like to replace these seats with period correct strato style bucket seats.

I will be welding in these repop bucket seat frame supports
OER 152768 Bucket Frame Supports

Haven't had any luck finding any original Nova bucket seat tracks and I am also thinking about trying these Ground Up repro bucket seat tracks available thru ss396.com

So the track mounting holes on yours did not line up with factory studs in the floor and that required re-drilling or was the issue on the seat frame side?

If you get a chance can you check the height dimensions on the tracks you used (from the bottom of the mounting bracket to the top of the track) as I am not wanting to gain any seat height.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts