Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
63-65 OEM hood hinges are pretty easy to find for sale used. Usually less expensive than the Chinese repops too. Nothings better than OEM. Keep looking on eBay or place an ad in the parts wanted section. You'll see some eventually.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I had good luck with the ones C2only sells, I still had to elongate the holes where the hinge mounts to the frame though.

·
Premium Member
7,732 Posts
You don't have to do anything to the "real" ones and you can usually buy them for a lot less. Hood fitment is "factory" too. There are a lot of original ones still out there. Blast them and they look brand-new.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
You don't have to do anything to the "real" ones and you can usually buy them for a lot less. Hood fitment is "factory" too. There are a lot of original ones still out there. Blast them and they look brand-new.
Thats if they are not worn out. Then the hood sticks up in the back. Most I have ever seen are worn out

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the issue I'm having. The back of my hood is sticking up. I slotted the holes and still won't fit flush and the hood flexes/binds at the closed position. I've adjusted the front of the hinge up and back side down and everything in between and still not satisfied. I'm trying to replace the rivets with shouldered bolts or bushings but found when removing one of the rivets that it's a stepped rivet with two different size holes on the arms. I've heard that the reproduction hinges are not good quality, but nobody says why?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
That's the issue I'm having. The back of my hood is sticking up. I slotted the holes and still won't fit flush and the hood flexes/binds at the closed position. I've adjusted the front of the hinge up and back side down and everything in between and still not satisfied. I'm trying to replace the rivets with shouldered bolts or bushings but found when removing one of the rivets that it's a stepped rivet with two different size holes on the arms. I've heard that the reproduction hinges are not good quality, but nobody says why?
The repos I refrenced worked well out of the box. But my paint and body guy was striving for a little better fit so they needed to be slotted. It was a much better fit from going to worn originals to repops in my case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts