Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally bit the bullet and order a reproduction 66 SS trunk trim panel since I couldn’t find a decent used one that didn’t cost a fortune. Has anyone else bought one of these pieces and how was the quality? Mine has a lot of rough spots on it and the paint in the bowtie is bubbly. Around the word Chevy is very rough as well. Just wondering if this is done on purpose and if others look the same way. Honestly disappointed with the quality considering the cost. Any input is appreciated

Sean

·
13,717 Posts
I haven't seen one of these long awaited '66 reproduction trunk panels, but I'm concerned when the ads for them imply they aren't perfect and not as good as the originals. Comments like 'not show quality', 'some production defects' and 'the odd blister' would bother me. On the other hand, they're $700-$800, where NOS originals are north of $2500 and still may have some shelf rash. If you're not planning to show your car, but just take in the odd show 'n shine, these repros are probably fine and a vast improvement over what you have.

Bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts