Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
parts are hard to find so im gonna sticky this and it would be cool if you guys would add to it who sells these hard to come by parts.

no bashing or nothing like that just facts.

·
Super Moderator
12,001 Posts
The only color I can find are the red ones you linked to. My interior is red so I ordered them. Even if I decide to go with custom panels these will be good to have for future restoration.

EDIT ok looked a little deeper and found the rest.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
The only color I can find are the red ones you linked to. My interior is red so I ordered them. Even if I decide to go with custom panels these will be good to have for future restoration.

EDIT ok looked a little deeper and found the rest.
see working already:D:D we need the list made with more suppliers of our parts. cause it will be nice to have a little library of peiople to search

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
You should modify the sticky to a

"Hard to find parts--links and short descriptions only" type of thread...this way useless banter is out of the way, and users can more easily browse through the list to find the parts they need.

The repro back dashes (rear shelf) should probably be added as well...(Just trying to get the ball rolling, you slacker of a mod. you!)

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
You should modify the sticky to a

"Hard to find parts--links and short descriptions only" type of thread...this way useless banter is out of the way, and users can more easily browse through the list to find the parts they need.

The repro back dashes (rear shelf) should probably be added as well...(Just trying to get the ball rolling, you slacker of a mod. you!)
im working on it but my computer is slow right now and i just got off a 10 and a half hour day.
im gonna find a few more places then put all the places in a row with a title above each one to identify what they sell:D:D

·
Super Moderator
12,001 Posts
I just recieved the door panels and I am not impressed with what I recieved for the money spent. These are good looking panels and of better quality then the originals in that instead of formed plastic they are padded vinyl. They are true to the 77 design so they will match the rear panels just fine. Now the part I was not happy with is they were not advertised as unassembled panels. If they had been I would not have purchased them. The metal top edge is not included with the panels and will have to be removed from the old ones and installed and then the foam and vinyl pulled over and fastened. I went thru this on a Chevelle and it is not an easy task. On that car I finally gave up and purchased assembled panels.
Another plus is no holes are cut in them so other than stock arm rests can be installedwithout having to cover any extra holes. Overall I would recomend them as long as you are aware of the work needed to install the metal uppers.

·
Super Moderator
12,001 Posts
Jay, if i decide to keep them I'll open the bag and take some photos. I may not have time until the weekend. I'll also get some of the photos taken of the seats we talked about.

·
Super Moderator
12,001 Posts
Jay here are some photos of the PUI panels. As I said they are well made, just not complete. The chrome strip appears to be a duplicate of the original. I compared them to the 75 and 79 standard panels I have. The LN panels are different and this style would not be correct for them.

Here is the bad part. See the metal part, it is glued to the panel, then the padding and vinyl have to stretched and glued to the metal. Before installing on the new panel they need removed from the old. Then all the old glue and vinyl removed and then cleaned so the glue will adhere well.

I am going to get some prices to have this done at a shop. I tried it once and ruined the panel. If I had known they were not assembled I would not have purchased them.

Once again they differ in that the panel is soft, padded and nicer than the original that feels like the vinyl was formed and bonded to the board. Here is a shot of what was on the car, the P O painted them and they look like crap.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
those new panels look great and alot more cushy looking. and would be perfect if you were gonna shave the handles or armrest cause there are no holes. already.

so if its isnt to much money to get a shop to do it.(it shouldnt be) then that is a imo good panel.

·
Banned
70 Posts
j and w makes a setof dorr panels that are $150 i am gonna order them and see what we get. what i cant seem to find is the insulation for the package tray any suggestions.

·
Registered
624 Posts
New Rear Package Trays!

Hello Everyone!

As some of you may be aware from a previous post, I have been working with a major manufacturer of automotive reproduction parts to develop a Replacement Rear Package Tray/Shelf for the 75-79 Nova, Apollo, Skylark, Omega, Ventura, and Phoenix 2 door coupe. I am happy to say that they are in production and they are now available. Although it took a little longer to get them into production than I had hoped, I am very pleased with the fit and quality of the product.

The part is Vacuum Formed from high impact PVC. It has the same texture, shape, and appearance as the original part. Because it is a PVC material, it is not prone to warping from humidity like the pressed hardboard originals. The package tray has been CNC machine trimmed and includes the same speaker hole pattern as the originals. It is Black in color, but can easily be dyed or painted any color you need to match your interior. You must reuse your original felt mat or a similar substitute under the package tray. I do have these listed on eBay, but don't buy it there. I have a better price available to members of this site if you buy it direct. If you are interested, PM me for the details, or if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Gary.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
its cool to see new parts reproduced for our often passed by cars:cool:

looks good:D:D

·
Registered
624 Posts
Thanks guys. I really tried to make a quality part and I think anyone who receives one will be more than satisfied with the quality. As I stated above, I am not actually making this part myself. It is being manufactured for me by a company that makes a wide variety of reproduction parts. They really know what they are doing.

As for making these in colors other than black, It can be done, and I am planning on offering them, but it will be slightly different in how it is made. To make one in any color other than black involves molding a tray from slightly thinner material, without the surface texture, and then laminating a thin, colored, textured, vinyl veneer onto the top of the tray. It can be done quite easily with the molds we've already made, but does involve more labor and material cost, therefore the price will be higher for the colored/laminated versions. I am waiting on the manufacturer to do a cost analysis, and give me my cost before I can offer the colored versions of the tray. As for the colors that will be available, any color Chevy used in the 75-79 Novas will be available. The manufacturer already has the correct colors of vinyl in stock for other parts they make.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Can you get them in a bare sheet metal type of finish???

1 - 20 of 39 Posts