Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just getting started on trying to locate my first 66-67 Nova SS and so far every car I've looked at I've not really cared for the LOOK of the wheels and tires combination. So, my question is if I'm willing to buy new wheels and tires is there something I need to know about sizes, fitment, etc. For instance is the bolt and hole pattern different now or are tire choices limited for those model years and the size of tires they can accommodate? I'm clueless when it comes to this knowledge but I know there seemed to be plenty of choices back in the day they were quite new.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
I would buy a car first before you start thinking about wheels tire....:yes:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JUst thinking 'ahead'...

That is very good advice. However, I also want to 'educate myself' so I can recognize the value of what tires and wheels of your liking add to the price of the vehicle. For instance, if I learn that it's going to cost a couple grand to get the look I am after, I might be better off having a bit more patience and buy a car that has the kind of tires and wheels I want to end up with even if I have to pay more than for a similar car without those tires and wheels. IN the long run, spending more initially could be cheaper than having to buy additional items to get where I want to end up.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
ok...alittle more help...wheel pattern is 4 3/4.....with disc brakes up front you are gonna need a minimum of 4.5"bs up front......what look are you going for....old school...new school
here is my 67

Attachments

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Oh great, raise the bar again

ok...alittle more help...wheel pattern is 4 3/4.....with disc brakes up front you are gonna need a minimum of 4.5"bs up front......what look are you going for....old school...new school
here is my 67
That is one very sweet lookin ride. Looks like 4-wheel discs? What did you have to do for the rears?

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
I would buy a car first before you start thinking about wheels tire....:yes:
:thumbsup:I agree with this advice. Finding a car you like is going to be hard enough. Then trying to find one with the wheels you like on it is going to be even harder.
After you get your car, then look at others like it with all of the different wheel/tire combinations. Some wheels just look better on some cars.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
That is very good advice. However, I also want to 'educate myself' so I can recognize the value of what tires and wheels of your liking add to the price of the vehicle. For instance, if I learn that it's going to cost a couple grand to get the look I am after, I might be better off having a bit more patience and buy a car that has the kind of tires and wheels I want to end up with even if I have to pay more than for a similar car without those tires and wheels. IN the long run, spending more initially could be cheaper than having to buy additional items to get where I want to end up.
Go to the second gen area and check other cars and what they are running. You will see, much like Batman's cars ,many beautiful rides with many different combos of tires and wheels. There is an infinite amount of choices depending on what you and your wallet can take. Also a world of difference on what will fit etc depending on your mods.
Understand what your trying to do but doing it piece meal is tough.
Best advice I can give is the cheapest way to go is to buy it done the way you want it. May not get everything you want or may get more than you want but generally it is always cheaper to buy it done unless you are going to do everything yourself in your spare time.
JMO

Good Luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts