Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to replace all the bushings In my 71. Just curious who you guys recommend? It's just a cruising, occasional 1/4 run car. Appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Competition Engineering----used them on my 73---they were the red colored bushings with bolts & washers. be careful on the front ones under the radiator support if you are running an aluminium radiator. The rad won't take much flexing before it will leak. Take off the upper plate holding the rad in it's position so it can move a little while you jack the body to get the bushings in.:cool:

·
Registered
Mike - 74 Nova Baltimore, MD
1,486 Posts
I used the polyurethane body mount bushing kit from Energy Suspensions.
I also used Delrin (Del-A-Lum) control arm bushings from Global West.
I am very pleased with the results.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just got my Prothane kit in from Amazon. It's a very nice complete kit. I'm finding on a lot of parts Amazon is cheaper than Summit. I just bought a gas tank and saved $36 plus summit wanted $40 more for oversize shipping. That's $76 saved on just one part.

I like ordering from Amazon with my prime membership so no minimum $99 order like on Summit for free shipping. I don't work for Amazon, just every buck counts and if I can tell others about it we can all benefit.

Amazon.com: Prothane 7-139-BL Black Body Mount Kit with Hardware: Automotive

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I used the energy suspension kit on my car and could tell an immediate difference over stock.
Pretty easy to install also

1 - 6 of 6 Posts