Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace a variety of panels on a 66. What kind of experience have you all had with different brands of replacement panels? Personally I am looking to replace a quarter, trunk pan and some floor pans.

Share what your experience has been (good and bad) with different brands.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Only piece I used on my 63 that was meant for the 66-67 models was the firewall it fit great no trimming or massaging.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I've heard that the body line on the quarter is slightly different than GM. you may have to be a little creative where it meets the door.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Mine weren't bad, but my expectations were not for a perfect fit. I think most of them were from AMD, both quarter skins, tail panel, trunk pan and right door panel. There was some fitting and messing around, but these cars were built that way in the first place.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I replaced both quarter panels on my '67 and used full panels from AMD. On the good side, they are heavy gauge panels, the body lines aline perfect with those on the doors. On the bad side, the trunk gaps leave a lot to be desired. Fitting them is going to take some work. Also, the quarter panel is a little higher than the door on the driver's side where they meet. I thought my issues might have been from my inexperience installing them, but there is a body man on Youtube that is doing a resto on a '66, and his driver side panel fit exactly like mine. He stated that he measured the top of the quarter panel next to the trunk, and it's 1/8" narrower than the factory panel. That's where he suspects the large body gap comes from between the quarter panel and the trunk lid. That's my experience, for what it's worth.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts