Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at the point where I need to consider Carpet Replacement for our 1972 Rally Nova Project.

We have the 10 pt. Cage welded in now and and painted and Padded and I have all the rest of the interior ready to go back in but want to of course get the carpet down first....and if it's one thing I have learned from this site is to ASK first.....I will save me a lot of Headache later.......

So my question since I get the absolute best advice and tips from Steve's members is ; WHO makes or Sells the "Least Expensive" Plain Jane Black standard Carpet replacement for the 68-72 with floor shift ?

Now I am well aware that sometimes the "Cheaper the cost the Cheaper the end product" but this car in not going to be a daily driver and will not get alot of traffic or wear and tear so as long as it looks good and fits right I will be happy.

Thanks in advance for all your great help.

Randy.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow....c'mon....nobody has replaced carpet and has some good cost alternative Ideas for a guy...???:(

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Why not go with the rubber flooring, it's easier to maintain and about $150 if I remember correctly, but don't hold me to that.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not go with the rubber flooring, it's easier to maintain and about $150 if I remember correctly, but don't hold me to that.
Rubber ? Really ? enlighten me please....never heard of it....seriously....ya gotta remember we don't get out much and are so far OUT of the loop so to speak that any information is NEW information to us.:eek:

Randy

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
OH OK....I see now and I kinda remember some models were done like that.....where did you get yours at ?

Thats a great Idea for both our 72's...as they both need something done with the carpet..the Rally doesn't have any period and didn't when I got it and the Super Sport has the Black Carpet still in it in it but it's not in perfect condition so ......you can see why I am wanting to do something.....both Cars will be Street-able but the SS Car will get more Drag Strip time than street time.

By the way you did a super job with that car in the photos....very nice indeed!

Thanks Taz,

Randy

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
OH OK....I see now and I kinda remember some models were done like that.....where did you get yours at ?

Thats a great Idea for both our 72's...as they both need something done with the carpet..the Rally doesn't have any period and didn't when I got it and the Super Sport has the Black Carpet still in it in it but it's not in perfect condition so ......you can see why I am wanting to do something.....both Cars will be Street-able but the SS Car will get more Drag Strip time than street time.

By the way you did a super job with that car in the photos....very nice indeed!

Thanks Taz,

Randy
Thanks for the compliments, I got it from www.early-birds.com they're located here in Canada, but do ship to the US.

In all honesty the wife got it for me on my B-day :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments, I got it from www.early-birds.com they're located here in Canada, but do ship to the US.

In all honesty the wife got it for me on my B-day :D
Thanks again Taz I just checked it out and they have a great place there and the carpet kit for real carpet is only 99.00 US but I couldn't find out about the shipping price so I will call them on Monday...thanks again for the help.

Randy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts