Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long hiatus, the body repairs have finally resumed on my '63 SS. The shop had some difficult times inc. the death of one of the owners, regrouped, and are back on the job. I'm glad I waited it out because their work is incredible. R qtr. has been installed, car was put on a rotissorie, the underside of the floor was media blasted and finished, sealed, and painted in epoxy primer. It was then coated with Wurth Stonguard, then painted in GM chassis black. I purchased a TCI 4 link with polished stainless 4 link bars and billet coilovers to go with the TCI front subframe. I also purchased a Dutchman Motorsports shortened 9" rearend. The subframes and differential were all painted in a high gloss black. Attached are the latest progress pictures.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hey i know that shop!

Mark will do a good job on it for you. He's pretty meticulous and does everything perfect. He repainted my Syclone a few years ago and made me buy a bunch of parts I thought i didn't need. But in the end it was best i did buy them.

Sucks about his father. He was a good person with a ton of knowledge. He is missed!

Keep the pictures coming as it gets done.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that the Nova Mike L. used to drive? If so, I know you guys...that was my son and my favorite car at Sunshine Dragstrip. It was a real shame about Mark's father...I've known the whole family for 20+ years. His Dad had just put the r quarter panel on this car. Their work is incredible, I really didn't want anybody but them to do it. I'll stop by one of these days and show you an album I've put together since day one. Thanks for the comments.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks...is was the shop's idea, but I'm really happy with the results. I understand this comes on the underside of some Mercedes's and BMW's, its very durable, and you can paint over it. Thought of using Lizard Skin or Line-X, but I think this was the best choice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This week they installed the TCI 4 link...man I love how it looks! Also are hanging the front TCI subframe , then will put it back on the ground. The body gaps have already been done with all the new panels, now the body work and block sanding starts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts