Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have good advice on repairing the original seats in my new to me 64 4 door. The car is a survivor and I am keeping it all original. Would a upholstery shop be be able to do it? I am mainly concerned about the seat covers and would like to keep the originals. Thank you.

Attachments

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts
A good interior shop that deals with old cars may be able to. Sometimes pieces can be spliced in or rips sown up. It will never be perfect though. If the foam is wrecked a repair may not hold.

Probably cheaper in the long-run to recover the seats instead of trying to fix them. Or through a nice seat cover over them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
By repair....are you talking about the seat cover, foam, or the seat structure such as springs and things.

An upholstery shop can help with all of that, however if it’s just torn seat covers and you want it to stay original looking. I would do as suggested above, an just order some seat covers. I would go ahead and get seat foam too. The covers will look better with new foam

·
Super Moderator
3,844 Posts
Upholstery shops, if you find a good one, can make it look factory. Many SNS members have used SMS Auto Fabrics, I believe they are in Oregon. They have original matching vinyl and cloth for your application, or it's very likely that they do. If it is a real survivor and you want to keep it that way, then I suggest you use the original materials as well: cotton batting and not foam, the color matched vinyl and the beading as well. Personally, it's always been worth the extra effort to keep the interior as original as possible.

·
Registered
79 Posts
By repair....are you talking about the seat cover, foam, or the seat structure such as springs and things.

An upholstery shop can help with all of that, however if it’s just torn seat covers and you want it to stay original looking. I would do as suggested above, an just order some seat covers. I would go ahead and get seat foam too. The covers will look better with new foam
Never mind...the picture didn’t show up on my phone. I see it now.

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts