Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have polished aluminum radiator and intake manifold that has water stains and white build up. I tried Mothers metal polish and it did bring back some of the luster but still have those ugly water stains and white spots.

Anyone recommend a polished or a way to eliminate those stains?

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Try Wenol (with the orange label). It may not get all of the spots out (sounds like some of the spots might have etched the surface), it should help to get most of the visible rings and stains out. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Try some Never Dull, you wouldn't belive how easy it makes polishing trim and keeping it looking good also. On polished aluminum you may need to follow with the Mother's to restore the final luster.

Can be bought at Wally world.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Try some Never Dull, you wouldn't belive how easy it makes polishing trim and keeping it looking good also. On polished aluminum you may need to follow with the Mother's to restore the final luster.

Can be bought at Wally world.

Never Dull is a good call .. but you really have to put some elbow muscle into it and I bet you will get some really good results. At least that's what used to happen to me when I was cleaning the brass railings on an Aircraft carrier... over & over again. :salute::usa:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hit One of your local truck stops or truck gear shops and find the Alcoa wheel polish, its a three step but I only ever use the acid pretreatment and then the polish on a power ball I can polish a 22" alcoa in less then 15 minutes from road grime to show shine and there aint no water spots either, you will probably only need the polish, its a little pricey but the best I've ever seen
just my .02 cents

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Never Dull is a good call .. but you really have to put some elbow muscle into it and I bet you will get some really good results. At least that's what used to happen to me when I was cleaning the brass railings on an Aircraft carrier... over & over again. :salute::usa:
Must be a military thing. Thats all they sold at the PX on base. We used it to polish all our brass.

Most cleaning we did involved toothbrushes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts