Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have already removed my canister under the hood and capped that line at the back of the car and now I want to remove the vapor separator in the trunk (I believe that is what it is called) and cap those lines. This would leave only the main line going to the motor... is this OK? I assume that I just need a vented cap and I would be all set... correct?

·
Premium Member
2,948 Posts
Hi - I have already removed my canister under the hood and capped that line at the back of the car and now I want to remove the vapor separator in the trunk (I believe that is what it is called) and cap those lines. This would leave only the main line going to the motor... is this OK? I assume that I just need a vented cap and I would be all set... correct?
Yes, you would need a vented cap. You need to replace or cap the return line on your sending unit too I think. I'll be replacing my tank in the next few weeks with a new one for a 69 (with a matching sending unit). So, I'll be doing the same thing. You just need to remove all the vent lines and return lines to the tank and use a vented cap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts