Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I used jasper paint stripper for my wheel wells and inner fenders. Worked pretty well. Watch out for getting chemical burns though, that stuff is brutal. Dad's Easy Off would work well too.

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
Seems to me that I used laquer thinner on one years ago., & it seemed to soften it up enough to be able to scrape with a putty knife...(at least in the major areas) Probably depends on how old and hard the undercoating is... But you can give it a try...

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I used jasper paint stripper for my wheel wells and inner fenders. Worked pretty well. Watch out for getting chemical burns though, that stuff is brutal. Dad's Easy Off would work well too.
Jasper or Jasco? If the Jasco YEAH!! I have used that stuff alot, and chem burns are a biggy with that stuff. One lil fleck of it on yer arm and you know it.. Eye protection is a MUST.. JR

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
i've used the green and white ones. Their kind of expensive and do build
heat quick. Maybe get a couple to try and let us know.:)

Chuck

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies everyone. Depending on how things go, will pull the tank this weekend and try cleaning it up. I used paint stripper on my Chevy II and on my Dad's 57 Bel Air, but just on the paint. I guess we will find out how it works on undercoating on his 65 Plymouth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts