Chevy Nova Forum banner

removing over spray?

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  orest402 
#1 ·
When I got my car back from the body shop I saw later that there was over spray on the windshield and the wheel trim ring.
I tried clay bar on them but it only helped on the windshield and after 20min. of rubbing.:(
There must be a good product for this? Thanks

#13 ·
when I was working at a body shop when the cars came back with a little over spray on the windows we load up the window with windex or other window cleaner and scrub it with very high grit steel wool using the windex as a lubricant between the glass and the wool. came right off and did not appear to do any damage to the glass.

Not sure if it was the right way or the best way but it was very quick (less than a minute) and didnt appear to do any damage.

-jim

#15 ·
Removing overspray on glass and chrome

Forgotten1 writes:My friend just got his car back w/ the same problem on the windows. He used mineral spirits and a 000 steel wool pad. I have used in the past regular car wax and a 000 steel wool pad.
Forget all the solvents and claybars that are just overkill to a simple problem. Just a pad of 0000 steel wool (superfine) NOT the 000 that may scratch. Just a few passes over the glass and chrome and it's good as new, been doing that for years without a hitch. Solvents may get on paint, claybars are expensive and time consuming....STEEL WOOL 0000 will do the trick. Try it.:yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.