Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Glove box lock

Just for your information, it may be easier to just mask off the chrome key slot in the front (easy to do) and mask off the back assembly and repaint the door without taking the lock ***'y out. I did this and it looks great with none of the hassle of removing the lock either. Results look just as good as if you took it out...................:yes:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Taz. Orest, I'm on a mission now! :yes: That is an option though. The goof balls that had this car before me painted the blue dash black, and made a mess. If I can block it properly, I will leave the lock in it. (If I were less anal, I could get this car done this year instead of another 3 years)

On that note, has anyone used rattle can paint on a dash with good results? I am leaning toward thinning my satin black Rustoleum with Acetone and shooting it with my HVLP gun.

·
14,584 Posts
I rattle canned the dash in my 69 and it came out fine. Just be sure you sand and prep the dash properly.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Removing lock on glove box door.

I rattle canned the dash in my 69 and it came out fine. Just be sure you sand and prep the dash properly.
I did the same thing and it came out super.....saved all the time trying to remove that lock assembly. looks new again.........:yes:

·
Premium Member
4,365 Posts
I was able to sand to block mine with the lock in. It is a pretty small piece.

I didn't figure out how to get it out until I read this post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts