Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Are you talking about the Reveal molding along the top edge of the door? or actual beltline molding?

If the reveal molding, I used a 2x4 on the underside of it, and smacked it with a rubber mallet. popped right off. Just make sure you first take out the screw that is up front, hidden around the wing window.

It was a tip someone else posted here years ago.

Mike

·
13,727 Posts
Any tips here? Looks like it should just pop out? Not sure the standard method here and couldn't figure it out from my assembly manual. Already dented a few spots on first try to remove.
What year and model of 1st generation Chevy II are we talking about here? For example, '62 Nova 400 side trim is different than '63. The proper year Fisher Body Manual is what you need. My '63 manual shows the various clip types and where they are used on the trim.

Bob

·
Registered
439 Posts
On my 63 400 it has nuts on the inside.you can see one in trunk.the clips have studs going through the body. I had to have door panels and rear panel off. I couldn't get it off from the outside of car. Not sure if you can get the ones on fender off with it on,memory bad.

·
Registered
63 SS convertible 67 SS 4 spd
784 Posts
If my memory serves correctly, which it doesn't always do, on my 63 the side trim from front to back all of the clips have some type nut on the inside except for the rear quarter trim. It has 3 pop in clips on each side. I had to remove the door panel and rear seat panel to access the nuts. I think the rest were pretty accessible except for the aft one on the front fender.

·
13,727 Posts
OK thanks guys, I guess I wasn't losing my mind and these don't just simply pop out.
The posts above refer to the wide side trim on the 1963 Nova 400. While I don't know for sure, I think the fastening of the narrower '62 trim may be different.

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts