Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On chevy II 1963 - what is the best way to pull out the meters? Does it twist out on the upper side or how and do I have to remove all lamps and connectors first (as blind) or what -how ?

And the cigarette lighter? Is the bezel grooved in to the frame, or what is keeping it there?

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
Instrument cluster: 1. Remove steering column support bracket and lower steering column. 2. Remove 4 screws retaining instrument gauge bezel to metal dash. 3. Withdraw cluster from dash to remove gauges.

Lighter: Unscrew the outer body of the assembly from the back so as the inner portion can be pulled out from the front.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I got the meters out. Would have been good to mention also, that there's a big fat chassis wiring cable, which is also attached to the meters and it will not come out too easy, if You don't pull out one lamp first (above it).

Cig lighter gives me drama - it won't come off. I think the next step is to oil it well and start to think about "more power".

I have some question about the gas meter, but I'll make an other thread for it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts