Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to connect a remote starter switch on my 1964 Nova 194ci engine.
One lead goes connects to the positive battery lug and the other lead connects to the S terminal on the starter solenoid. I only want to turn the engine over to pump oil into the upper part of the engine before actually starting and to pump gas into the carburetor before starting. The car has been stored for 6 months. My question is what position should the key ignition switch be in before activating the remote starter switch, should it be in the OFF position or should it be in the ON position. I do not want the engine to start, I only want to turn the engine over before starting. I think the ignition should be left in the OFF position then after circulating oil to the top part of the engine and gas into the carburetor I would put the key ignition into the ON position and using the remote starter switch I can start the car, am I correct, if not what is wrong with my thinking.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
If you just want to roll the motor, leave the key off. If you want to start it, turn the key on.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
start

Just pull the coil wire out of the distributor and crank away.. do not hold on to the coil wire while turning her over:devil:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Leave the key off.

If you still have an ignition wire connected to the starter, disconnect it (or the coil wire to the distributor) before using the remote starter. If you don't, it'll try to fire while you're cranking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts