Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking I may have to run one as I am short on space up front and want to see if anyone is doing the same. If so, where, what brand, any issues, etc? I see Vintage air sells one that is 14x20 and only 4 inches thick. Thanks

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
In order for the A/C to work efficiently, the condensor needs to be out in front of the radiator. Even V/A will tell you this. I'm not saying a remote condensor wouldn't work. However, performance will be compromised and the results less than desirable. These cars are already challenged as far as A/C performance goes because of the amount of glass, insulation, door seals, etc.

Tim

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In order for the A/C to work efficiently, the condensor needs to be out in front of the radiator. Even V/A will tell you this. I'm not saying a remote condensor wouldn't work. However, performance will be compromised and the results less than desirable. These cars are already challenged as far as A/C performance goes because of the amount of glass, insulation, door seals, etc.

Tim
fully aware of this, but some a/c is better than no a/c. you will still get air flowing through it mounted under the car and with the fan pulling heat off, it can't be that much different than having a no fan condensor mounted up front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts